Experience the most unique sport in Canada!
2017-18 Discover Season dates are coming September 2017!! Each season we hold several Discover Skeleton sessions, opening up the opportunity to try this fast and exhilarating sport to members of the general public. All Discovers are for beginners ... no experience necessary!
Each four-hour Discover session costs $90 per person GST included. You will slide two runs from the Ladies Luge start on the real Olympic track, where you can expect to reach speeds of more than 80 km/h! We provide qualified instruction, all equipment and a video session following your runs. DVD copies ($15) and time sheets of your session will also be available.
Private bookings are also available for full groups of 20 and receive a $200 discount. Food, park tours, event t-shirts, meeting rooms, athlete speakers and DVDs can also be made available to personalize your event. If you do not see an appropriate date we may still be able to add to our schedule and accommodate your group.
Spectators and fans are always welcome!
To make your Discover Skeleton experience as seamless as possible, please keep the following in mind:
- Register early - Session size is limited to 20 sliders; sessions often fill by late November. See our list below or consult the events calendar to find out the date of our next Discover.
- Arrive on time - Each 20 person session runs about four hours, beginning with classroom instruction, a 30min track walk and two hours of ice time, finally ending with video review. Please arrive at the Bob Niven Training Centre at Canada Olympic Park by the posted time. If you miss the instruction held at the beginning of the evening, you will not be permitted to slide.
- Minimum age - The minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Sign your waiver - All athletes are required to sign a waiver of liability. Sliders under 18 years of age require a signature from a parent/legal guardian.
- Dress accordingly - This is a winter sport, so please dress warmly. You may not want to wear your Sunday best while sliding, as you just might bump the wall which could damage a nice jacket. You can wait your turn in our warm start house but consider old sweatshirts and durable pants for sliding. Please bring gloves and secure, sensible footwear that you don't mind scuffing up. We use our toes for brakes!!!
You must register for an upcoming Discover before paying, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectators and fans are always welcome!#HEADFIRST
UPCOMING DISCOVERS 2016-2017
|Dates Coming September 2017||Date||Time||# Athletes|
|Discover #1||Saturdays 2017||16:30-20:30||Room for 20 Athletes|